Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Boy or Girl?

So July came...and so did the BIG ultrasound to find out the sex of our baby! It's a GIRL!! I honestly just hoped for a healthy baby, but the fact that it was a girl was an added bonus. And even though Morris had been nervous about having a girl, when I looked over at him as they told us the sex, he was smiling; it was then that I knew we would definitely have a "daddy's girl" in November! As my belly got bigger, we began to try to teach Morris about babies, and tried to explain that there was a baby in mommy's belly, and that he was going to be a big brother. I don't think he truly really ever understood what we were trying to teach him.

Meanwhile, when Morris turned 2 in June, we started potty training. He did wonderfully and was fully potty trained by August!! I just really didn't want two in diapers! Having my "baby" in big boy undies made me realize just how fast he was growing up! I was happy, but sad at the same time. We look forward to milestones, but when they reach them, we realize just how fast they grow. It was probably at that point that I decided that I wasn't going to "rush" the milestones with this second baby. That I would sit back and enjoy it a little more.

Mid July, Morris and I went to Maryland to visit with his cousins and some of his aunts and uncles at a cabin on the Chesapeak Bay. It was beautiful, but a very long drive. Little Morris did so much better than I could have ever asked. Morris and I played children's DVD's the whole way, and by the end of the trip, we knew every song on "The Best of Elmo 2"! I still laugh. At one point, he was singing "This is the Song that Never Ends" and at the same time I was singing "I'm Henry the 8th I am". We were just so tired of driving. The drive was so worth spending time with his family, and we really had a good time.


Morris swimming in the Chesapeak Bay



Fishing with Daddy for the first time!!

Roasting hot dogs!






Big Boy Undies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment